Excessive out of control anger can cause both you and your family, friends, & co-workers extra stress. If your angry outbursts are negatively affecting your relationships it's time to learn some anger management skills. Anger management techniques are an effective method to help change the way you communicate your anger from negative to positive.
Five Positive Tips To Help Manage Anger
- Take a 'breather': It may seem overly simple, but counting to 10 before reacting really can help you slow down and think before you act.
- Once you're feeling calmer, use your words to express your anger. It's healthy to express your frustration in a nonconfrontational way. Holding onto whatever the problem was can make the situation worse.
- Exercise: Physical activity can provide an outlet for your emotions, especially if you're about to erupt. Going for a walk can make all the difference
- Think before you speak! Grandma was right, think before you speak or may say something you'll later regret.
- Problem Solve: Instead of concentrating on the problem,take a pro-active stance and trouble shoot the issue with the person who triggered your anger and prevent the situation from reoccuring. For more information and helpful resources, please visit our website at http://www.nvamc.com/.