If you, or someone you care about:
- Have late night arguments with a spouse or partner, and wind up saying very hurtful things, they wish they could take back in the morning
- Seem to be able to contain negative feelings most all of the time, but occasionally lose it and let certain people have it
- Does not respond back when people say things or do things that make me angry, but later think about a lot of great ways they should have responded to them
- Struggle to go to sleep at night because of things that really bothered and upset them during the day
- Find it difficult to forgive people when they have been wronged
We see people everyday coming into our office from all walks of life because ANGER IS THE GREAT EQUALIZER in society. It is a basic human emotion that we all have. The key is not to suppress or ignore it, but to learn skills to manage, contain, and prevent ourselves from acting or speaking inappropriately. The good news is that these skills of Emotional Intelligence can be learned and developed. In addition, Emotional Intelligence (commonly called EQ) is more closely correlated with success in relationships and in careers than a person’s Intelligence Quotient (or IQ). We utilize an evidence-based, skill-building curriculum to accelerate each individual’s EQ learning curve across key domains like interpersonal assertion, empathy, stress management, interpersonal aggression, and interpersonal deference. Most clients that come to us see great results in 12 to 16 sessions. For more information, or for a confidential appointment, please call (888) 992-6479 or check us out on the web at www.nvamc.com.